Sunday, February 26, 2012

Look'n Good

I had my doctor's appointment on Tuesday and I thought it was going to be a bad day. It started by me getting the wrong directions and driving seven miles further out of my way than what I was supposed too. Then, to top it all off, by the time I arrived at the office I was going to have to reschedule. Luckily, the person after me canceled and I was able to be seen.

The appointment itself went great. The doctor was very nice, knew what she was talking about, and was thorough. After the physical she asked if I had ever taken any hormones before starting my transition (in which I had not, for those wondering), because I was further along than what a person normally would be for only eight months. It made me feel very good hearing that; I had been having lots of thoughts about a week before. Mostly just, am I supposed to be where I am, am I behind or ahead? I was really unsure about where I stood and it was depressing.

Today I ended up going and getting more electrolysis done, for I was finally able to save up some money. I had scheduled for three hours, but ended up only going for two. Mostly, because my chin could not handle anymore (it was just too swollen). The good news is that the person doing the electrolosys nearly cleared my entire chin, so next time I should only have to have a short appointment to get the rest. Of course, that does not include my upper lip, which is to be very painful (the things we go through to look pretty). I will probably need a shot of Novacaine in order to get it done.

1 comment:

  1. Woot! See, I'm not the only one that thought you were ahead of the curve. Right on girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete