Thursday, March 29, 2012

Restrooms and Work

Okay, so it has been a real long time since I updated anything, but there are new measurements and pictures in both the gallery and transition pages.

So, day before yesterday was an awesome day! I went to group with one of my friends and while there, I was told I am making very good progress on my voice which made me very happy. Mostly because I was not hearing it from just one person, but many. While I was there, one topic we talked about was the use of public restrooms. Now recently, Colorado passed a new law allowing anyone to use whatever restroom that they associate themselves with at the time. Do to the news, I used the women's restroom for the first time! The idea of using a restroom is not all that big, but for a transgendered person it is really big. I no longer have to go to the mens restroom looking as a woman and getting stares saying, "why the hell are they in here".

The next day was fun also, as I went to a site downtown that I use to work at. Some of my old colleagues were there as well and once again that meant coming out to people. It went just fine though, did not have any issues and everyone was happy for me. After the meeting was a different story. I stopped in at my work just to say hi, and let them know I did go to the meeting. Upon entering the building, my boss was there and his first words were "Don't tell me you wore that to the meeting?", to which I replied "Yes, I did". My boss then proceeded to tell me that it was supposed to be business casual or uniforms. I had to look at myself and then him, to which I replied, "This is business casual". I could not believe he had said those things. I have never had such a jackass of a boss before, and I have had some big ones. Anyways, so I plan on letting someone know about everything sometime next week. All in all, I have had a couple of really good days.

No comments:

Post a Comment