Wednesday, July 18, 2012

One Year Transition and Happenings

Hello Everyone,

It has been a little over one year now since I started taking hormones and I feel fantastic! Things have been fun and busy all at the same time. I am just amazed about the changes I have seen since I first started and it can be a bit hard to take in sometimes as well. I did see my doctor, and she stated once again that I was doing great and further along than what she would expect, but otherwise doing an awesome job. I am still on 4 mg of estrodial and 150 mg of spiro a day. Lately, the most changes I have been seeing has been mostly in my face which is matching perfectly with my hair length. I am about an inch away from being able to put it all up in a ponytail (with the heat we have been having, I can't wait). My weight has slowly been declining and it can definately be seen in my waist ( I have managed to get down to a size 12 and sometimes a 10). The girls in my transition group have been jealous of my transformation and at times even my girl friends outside of group.
 
Moving on, we recently had our first Denver Comic con, unfortunately it landed the same weekend as Pride, but it was still great. After figuring out what I wanted to go as, I decided on Scully from the X-Files. I ended up making a badge with a FBI signature and took an old metal badge from one of my old work places for that extra flavor. To top it off, I also got a shoulder holster and air soft gun to go with the ansamble. Now, of course Scully was known for wearing a suit during the show, which brings up the next part. It only took two and a half months, but my uniform finally came in for work! Of course I just wore my uniform from work with the badge and holster and I already have the red hair, it was perfect. Unfortunately, the pictures that were taken at the con did not turn out. :( So, I am just going to post a picture of me in my new uniform at work.

I have recently been introduced to a sport, that for years I always thought was really cool, but it was always off limits; Roller Derby! That is right, roller derby. One of the girls in my group is already on a team and her girlfriend just joined. I am hoping that I can get better at skating here soon and try out for a team myself. As it stands, there are two leagues in Colorado; the Denver Roller Dolls and the Rocky Mountain Roller Girls. I will be joining the Rocky Mountain Roller Girls. Right now there is a class every Sunday for two hours for learning how to skate and eventually I will have more practice throughout the week when on a team. Now I just need to get the money together for a pair of skates and pads. :P

To give everyone a clue about some of the things I have been doing, I have been going to dinner parties, Book readings and releases (The Cellar Door for those wondering), Drink and Draw, hanging out at coffee shops, yoga, swimming, shopping, Renaissance Festival and of course Roller Derby. Otherwise work and gaming. I am starting to run out of time for the basic things like sleep, but I guess I will have plenty of time for that later. Here is a couple of pics from the other day.

Anyways hope everyone has a good day, and until next time!

Lyndsey

1 comment:

  1. Well look at you Luv, just moving along, getting on with life. Good for you! You look great!

    ReplyDelete