Wednesday, November 2, 2011

True Friends are Always Where You Need Them

Today was a very difficult, but stress relieving day. I decided to visit a good friend of many years, after we both had some free time to hang out. We talked for at least a few hours while watching a movie, and I decided it was time to come out and tell him that I was going through some changes in my life that were very important to me, but others might find difficult to understand. I told him that I was transgendered and was becoming a woman completely, instead of just in mind. He took the news really well, other than the fact he thought I was joking at first. I explained to him that I had been having the feelings of wanting to be a woman for years, even before I knew him, but it was not until recently that I realized that that is what I wanted and was missing. I asked him straight out if it would affect our friendship, and he stated, " No, we are friends and we have always helped each other out through tough times. You will always be my friend." I lost it right there; I could not help myself but to cry out of happiness and the release of tension and stress. We ended up talking for more hours after that, laughing and joking as we have always done in the past. He told me something later that made me feel special inside. He told me that when I am ready, and want to tell my Mom, that he would come along and provide support; I lost it again. I had a truly amazing night, just hanging out with a good friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment