Tuesday, November 15, 2011

What Friends Can Do for You

I decided to visit one of my friends yesterday that I have known for about 19 years. One of the things you can tell if someone is your friend or not is by their actions, and today when I talked to mine, he immediately knew something was up when I called him on the phone. Normally, we have a gaming night with some of our other friends as well, but we cancelled due to one of them being out of town. That did not stop us from hanging out for the night anyways. When I arrived we went to Toxic Hell (Taco Bell) to talk. I swear it took me about 30 minutes before I gathered up the nerve to tell him, but eventually I told him that I was transitioning. He took it very well with no problems and was very understanding of my situation. We finished eating and made our way back and I told his wife as well. Both of them, willing to listen and provide support, it was fantastic. I am so happy and lucky to have friends such as these.

No comments:

Post a Comment