Saturday, December 3, 2011

I'm Official!

I have been really good at trying to take care of things during my transition; making sure I have all the information needed and the resources to do it. There is one issue that I was not being very smart on though, and that was me self medicating. I cannot stress enough that it is not a very good idea to do so, and can lead to many problems down the road. With that said, the good news! I found a doctor and had my first appointment on Friday. The people were great, offered to find me another doctor who could help me even better, but if the new doc is not under my insurance, they are willing to still help me. They ended up taking three vials of blood for various tests (I have not been to a doctor in over ten years, so this was a good time). I should find out the results on Tuesday. They even provided me with two new prescriptions for Oestradiol and Spironolactone, which saves me about $45.00 a month.

On another note, My Mom and I have not talked about my transitioning since that time a few days ago, but on the bright side, we are still talking like normal, still enjoying each others company. I know that she is still in denial right now, and I am just giving her some space and time to think about it, and I think she will come to me once she is ready. Since I have told her though, I have not been holding back. One: because, I don't have to hide anymore, and two: I just feel its time to move to the next stage. I am not going full time yet, until I can pass a bit better, but I am getting more comfortable going out more. My girlfriend and I went shopping the other day and picked up a new coat and some blouses.

No comments:

Post a Comment