Saturday, January 21, 2012

Awesome News!

So, I talked with my one of my bosses today and the meeting went wonderfully. I've known him for about 4 years now and when I told him today that I was transitioning he just listened and then said thank you for telling him, because he knew how hard it is to come out to people and the fact I told him made him feel good. He also said that "Anything I can do, let me know. I want to help a friend out anyway I can". It really made my day to hear that; it also means that I won't have any trouble with work anymore. Besides the fact that the law and company policies prohibit any from happening, he will just make sure things work out. The best part of talking with him was he said he is still looking for a position to open up for a supervisor position, and he wants me to have it! In the mean time he is going to see about getting me a small raise to start helping me with the bills.

I cannot address strongly enough how much it means to have people there to help you along. It is hard to tell them sometimes, but find those few people who are open-minded first, let them help you build a wall of confidence around yourself so that when you need to deal with people who might have a problem, they will help. There is always someone out there willing to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment